Saturday 10 March 2018

Master's Thesis finished

It seems a strange thing to say after a period of three and a half years of studying and writing, but as of this week Thursday I'll have graduated with a Master's of Arts by research. Closing the first chapter of my foray into research and leaving me a wake of mental strain and exhaustion. So I have not pushed as hard as I once did with writing papers or tutoring, or push myself to do a PhD (which I was nearly in the process of applying for in October). No instead I've given myself over to work and am enjoying the 9-5 cycle of employment.

That is just the current state of things devoid of speculation of games, reviews or upcoming projects. Over the next few weeks I'll try and return to regular postings about new games that come out, starting with Into the Breach (by Subset games makers of FTL), with some musings about narrative based games, some insight into playing Monster Hunter, and the cooperative pleasures of Vermintide II.

For now enjoy a link to the finished thesis: http://hdl.handle.net/1959.3/442127


No comments:

Post a Comment